All personal information collected at our web site (the “Web Site”) by “Web Site” and/or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or promotional partners or agencies (collectively, "“Web Site”") will be utilized primarily for internal purposes with the goal of enhancing the user’s online experience.
“Web Site” collects information in several ways including, without
limitation, primarily the following:
(1) Some personal information is gathered when you register to participate in or receive information via electronic mail or otherwise about: automobiles in general, your automobile, automobile insurance, general and personal automobile maintenance, general and personal finance, general and personal credit, automobile dealerships, quotes, research, statistics, advice, Web sites, games, contests, sweepstakes, promotional events and/or any other event that takes place on the Web Site. During such registration, “Web Site” may ask for information such as, without limitation, a user’s name, electronic mail address, birth date, gender, zip code and country, and other optional information that may be particular to that registration process;
(2) “Web Site” collects information on its users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided to “Web Site” from the registration described in (1) above, from “Web Site”'s server log files, from surveys, from cookies (see below) and from IP addresses (see below). “Web Site” does this to better understand and serve its users. This collected information/research is generally compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis;
For reasons such as improving
personalization of “Web Site”'s service, “Web Site” might collect information
about its users from other sources and add it to “Web Site”'s account
“Web Site” also
sometimes collects updated delivery and address information from its shippers or
other sources so that “Web Site” can correct its records and deliver or
communicate more easily.
Site” uses and/or discloses collected information in several ways,
including, without limitation, primarily the following:
(1) “Web Site” may use electronic mail addresses or other personally identifiable information to contact users who directly communicate with “Web Site”, to, among other things, fulfill prizes, track/verify compliance with “Web Site” policies as well as federal, state, local and other laws, and/or to solicit editorial comments and feedback. For example, “Web Site” may use such information to notify users that they have won a game, contest or sweepstakes or to provide a requested electronic mail newsletter or provide other requested information;
“Web Site” may match aggregated
user information with third party data in order to better serve the interests of
(3) “Web Site” may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe “Web Site”'s services to prospective partners, advertisers and third parties and for other lawful purposes, in order to, among other things, make better alliances and provide a better user experience on the Web Site;
(4) “Web Site” may use a user’s personally identifiable information for editorial purposes. For example, “Web Site” may use information provided by a user to “Web Site” as part of an online survey conducted by “Web Site”;
(5) Unless a user tells “Web Site” that he/she would prefer not to receive electronic mail from “Web Site”, “Web Site” may use collected personal information to send you electronic mail about “Web Site”'s and/or other companies’ products, promotions or services. A user may choose not to provide certain information, but then that user might not be able to take advantage of many of “Web Site”'s features;
In some instances, collected
personal information may also be used by “Web Site” for additional marketing and
promotional purposes relating to the Web Site or other properties;
“Web Site” may use
cookies and IP addresses as set forth in more detail below; and
(8) “Web Site” may disclose user information to third parties when “Web Site” has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) “Web Site”'s rights or property, other Web Site users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. “Web Site” may disclose user information when “Web Site” believes in good faith that the law requires it.
“Web Site” may use agents to carry out its activities:
Site” may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on its
behalf. Examples include, without limitation, fulfilling orders, sending postal
mail and electronic mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists,
analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, delivering packages and
providing customer service. They may have access to personal information needed
to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
than as set forth above, it is “Web Site”'s current policy not to share any
personally identifiable information provided by users with other third parties,
unless specified at the time of collection or with the user’s consent.
Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
Users should keep in mind that whenever they give out personal information Online – for example, via message boards or chat rooms – that information could be collected and used by people that users do not know. While “Web Site” strives to protect users’ personal information and privacy, “Web Site” cannot guarantee the security of any information users disclose Online, and users do so at their own risk.
“Web Site”'s policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet or any Online technology, and therefore beyond “Web Site”'s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
“Web Site” DOES NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER.
“Web Site” does not knowingly collect information from children thirteen (13) years of age or younger. If you are under thirteen (13), do not send any information about yourself to “Web Site”, including, information like your name, address and/or electronic mail address. “Web Site” encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to supervise their children’s activities on “Web Site”'s sites. “Web Site” alerts parents that this Web Site features content exploring mature themes not appropriate for children. This Web Site is not a Web site directed to children under the age of 13. “Web Site” suggests that parents consider using parental control tools available from Online services and software manufacturers that may help ensure a child friendly Online environment and help direct their children to suitable, child-oriented Web sites. Further, “Web Site” request that all users to the Web Site that are under the age of 13 not disclose or provide any personal information on this Web Site. In the event that “Web Site” discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided “Web Site” with his or her personal information, “Web Site” will immediately delete the child’s personal information from its system.
Because “Web Site” does not knowingly collect such information, “Web Site” does not knowingly provide any personally identifying information from its users under 13 years of age, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. “Web Site” also does not knowingly allow users under 13 years of age to be listed in any member directory or to receive direct marketing communications from “Web Site” or to be sent third-party offers.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make Web-surfing easier for the user by saving the user’s preferences while the user is at the Web Site. “Web Site” never saves passwords or credit card information in cookies.
By showing how and when users use a Web site, cookies help “Web Site” see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to this Web Site are based on such data as total number of users and pages viewed. This information is most easily tracked with cookies. “Web Site” uses the information from cookies to provide services better tailored to this Web Site’s users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers – the big computers that "serve up" Web pages – automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
“Web Site” may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. When users request pages from this Web Site, our servers log the users’ IP addresses. “Web Site” does not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user’s session will be logged but the user remains anonymous to us. “Web Site” can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when “Web Site” feels it is necessary to enforce compliance with our house rules, terms of service, any law or regulation or to protect our service, Web Site, customers, or others.
Some services within the Web Site, such as certain message boards, may display IP addresses along with the message poster’s name and message. Please review each service prior to use and only use those that disclose information you are comfortable with sharing.
importance of privacy and security for all personally identifiable information
associated with users is of utmost concern to “Web Site”. “Web Site” exercises
great care in providing secure transmission of users’ information from the
users’ personal computer to “Web Site”'s servers. Unfortunately, no data
transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result,
while “Web Site” strives to protect users personal information, “Web Site”
cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information users transmit to “Web
Site” or from “Web Site”'s Online products or services, and users do so at their
own risk. Once “Web Site” receives users’ transmission, “Web Site” makes its
best effort to ensure the transmission’s security on “Web Site”'s systems. If
credit card information is transmitted, “Web Site” uses industry standard, SSL
(secure socket layer) encryption.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS